Timang Beach is a beach located in Gunungkidul Regency, Yogyakarta Special Region. This beach is famous for its big waves and coral islands which can be reached using a gondola or suspension bridge. To get to Timang Beach from Yogyakarta City, you can use private or public transportation.
By private vehicle
The distance from Yogyakarta City to Timang Beach is around 79 kilometers with a travel time of around 2 hours 10 minutes. You can follow Google Maps with the keyword Timang Beach. The following is the route you can follow if you want to visit Timang Beach and depart from Yogyakarta City:
- From Yogyakarta, drive the vehicle south towards Wonosari.
- After reaching Wonosari, continue your journey towards Baron.
- From Baron, follow the directions to Purwodadi Village, where Timang Beach is located.
- Next, you can follow the directions on Google Maps or the signs along the way to get to Timang beach.
- You will pass a quite famous suspension bridge before arriving at Timang Beach.
By public transportation
You can take a bus heading Yogyakarta – Wonosari from Giwangan Terminal. Arriving in Wonosari, you can continue your journey by taking a motorbike taxi or renting a car to Timang Beach. The distance from Giwangan Terminal to Wonosari is around 45 kilometers with a travel time of around 1 hour 30 minutes.
Car Rental or Tour Package Services
The third alternative that you can use when you visit Timang Beach is to use a car rental or tour package service. There are quite a lot of tourist services available in Yogyakarta because it could be said that Yogyakarta is one of the favorite destinations for tourism, especially on the island of Java.
One provider of car rental services as well as tour package services is Goajomblang.com. Goajomblang.com has various very interesting tourist services for you to use with your group when you want to travel to Yogyakarta. Timang Beach can certainly be a tourist destination that you can visit by renting a car or the Goajomblang.com tour package service. You can also order a car rental and driver at Goajomblang.com. Don’t forget to make a reservation immediately if you are going to visit in the near future!
Things you need to note before visiting Timang Beach
The journey from Yogyakarta to Timang Beach can take around 2-3 hours, depending on traffic conditions and the route taken.
It is recommended to use a vehicle that is suitable for rocky and winding road terrain.
Check weather and tide conditions before leaving to ensure safety during your visit.
By following the beautiful journey from Yogyakarta to Timang Beach, you will arrive at a destination that offers beautiful exotic beaches, unique suspension bridges and unforgettable experiences.
About Timang Beach
Timang Beach, located in Purwodadi Village, Tepus District, Gunung Kidul Regency, Yogyakarta, is a beach destination that offers a beautiful combination of exotic beaches, blue sea water and unique adventures. Famous for its suspension bridge that connects the mainland with a large coral island in the middle of the sea, Timang Beach promises an unforgettable experience for its visitors.
The uniqueness of Timang Beach
Timang Suspension Bridge
– One of the main attractions of Timang Beach is the suspension bridge that crosses the sea to the coral island. This bridge was built traditionally using ropes and wood, providing a thrilling adventure experience for visitors.
Batu Karang Island
– The coral island in the middle of the sea is a charming place to enjoy sea views and photograph the beauty of the surrounding nature. Visitors can reach the island via a suspension bridge or using the exciting zipline service.
The beauty of beaches and coral rocks
– Timang Beach has soft white sand and clear blue sea water which creates a stunning view. The coral rock formations along the beach add to the uniqueness and natural beauty of this beach.
– Apart from the suspension bridge, Timang Beach also offers a zipline activity that takes visitors from the mainland to the coral island. This activity provides a thrilling sensation and spectacular aerial views.
Traditional Coastal Village Atmosphere
– Purwodadi Village, which is the gateway to Timang Beach, offers a traditional coastal atmosphere with people’s houses, coconut plantations and fishermen’s life.
Tips for Getting to Timang Beach
Here are some tips for getting to Timang Beach that you can follow:
- Go early in the morning so it’s not too busy. Timang Beach is one of the popular tourist destinations in Gunungkidul, so on holidays or weekends, this place will be very busy. If you want to enjoy a quieter beach atmosphere, it’s best to leave early in the morning.
- Be careful when driving on the road to Timang Beach. The road to Timang Beach is quite challenging, with narrow and rocky road conditions. You need to be careful when driving, especially if you drive a private vehicle.
- Bring a change of clothes and necessary equipment. If you plan to ride a gondola or suspension bridge, it’s best to bring a change of clothes. You also need to bring the necessary equipment, such as a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Don’t forget to always keep the environment clean. Timang Beach is a beautiful tourist destination, therefore, it is important to always keep the environment clean. Don’t throw rubbish carelessly and obey the regulations that apply at Timang Beach.
Tourism around Timang Beach
Siung Beach, located in Tepus Village, Gunung Kidul District, Yogyakarta, is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure fans. This beach is known for its combination of beautiful white sand beaches, majestic karst cliffs and stunning waves. Siung Beach is a suitable destination to enjoy natural beauty while experiencing a unique sensation of adventure.
The uniqueness of Siung Beach
1. Karst Cliffs and Ocean Views
Siung Beach is surrounded by tall and majestic karst cliffs. The blue sea views together with coral rock formations create a spectacular natural landscape.
2. Cliff climbing activity
Visitors who are adventurous can try cliff climbing activities around Siung Beach. These challenging cliffs offer stunning aerial views and an unforgettable experience.
3. White Sand Beach and Waves
Siung Beach has fine white sand and quite big waves, creating an ideal atmosphere for relaxing or surfing.
4. Drip Cave
Near Siung Beach, there is a cave called Goa Tetes which offers an exploration experience into a karst cave with beautiful stalactites and stalagmites.
How to Get to Siung Beach from Timang Beach
From Timang Beach, you can continue your journey to Siung Beach by following the winding land route. The following is a guide on how to get to Siung Beach from Timang Beach:
- Return to Purwodadi Village, which is the entrance to Timang Beach.
- Use private vehicles or public transportation to get to Tepus District, which is the location of Siung Beach.
- Alternatively, you can use a motorbike taxi or local vehicle from Purwodadi Village to Siung Beach.
- Follow the directions to Siung Beach from Tepus Village. There are several directional signs along the road that guide you to Siung Beach.
- Arriving at Siung Beach, you may need to continue your journey along the path to the beach, following the existing path.
With beautiful beaches, majestic karst cliffs and exciting adventure activities, Siung Beach offers exciting experiences for visitors looking for unique nature and courage.