JOMBLANG CAVE, PINDUL CAVE, AND OYO RIVER TUBING TOUR
This tour package offers travelers a chance to explore two of the most beautiful caves in Yogyakarta, Pindul Cave and Jomblang Cave, and experience the thrill of tubing on the Oyo River.
- Explore the underground wonders of Jomblang Cave
- Experience the thrill of tubing on the Pindul Cave and Oyo River
- 06:30 AM – 08:30 AM: Hotel pick-up (Yogyakarta area) then Drive to Jomblang Cave
- 09:15 AM – 12:00 PM: Jomblang Cave exploration by doing rappelling
- 12:00 PM – 01:00 PM: Lunch break
- 01:00 PM – 02:00 PM: Drive to Pindul Cave
- 02:00 PM – 04:00 PM: Pindul Cave tubing continued by Oyo River Tubing
- 04:00 PM – 05:30 PM: Return transfer to hotel. End of services!
The Trip Cost Includes:
- Private A/C Transportation
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation
- English Speaking Driver
- Jomblang Cave Entrance Ticket (Foreigner)
- Jomblang Cave Rappelling Equipment
- Pindul Cave Entrance Ticket (Foreigner)
- Pindul Cave Tubing Equipment
- Oyo River Tubing Equipment
- Guide in Jomblang Cave, Pindul Cave and Oyo River
- All parking fees
- Mineral water
The Trip Cost Excludes:
- Personal expenses
- Please bring socks, towels, sandals, spare clothes, waterproof small bags, and a camera for the Jomblang Cave and Pindul Cave tours.
- All tours are based on private tours. Departure and return at Yogyakarta (transfer/drop to other cities is optional).
- Money Issues: You will be required to change the Indonesian Currency (IDR) for your holiday in Indonesia. Please ensure that you have good denominations of all Rupiah notes. In Indonesia, credit cards are accepted for expenses incurred at hotels and restaurants. However, small shops and small-town eateries in the countryside can only accept cash.
Overall, this tour package provides travelers with a unique and exciting experience to explore two beautiful caves and the thrill of tubing on the Oyo River in Yogyakarta. The trip includes all necessary equipment, transportation, and lunch, making it a convenient and stress-free way to explore these natural wonders.
Terms and conditions :
- We are so flexible with the payment. We receive cash (USD, IDR, EUR), bank transfer or paypal.
- For payment via Paypal we require additional 3% due to low convertion rate.
- If you book more than one month prior to date, we need at least 20% Down Payment from total amount as confirmation or as per agreement from both parties.
- Hotel pick up and drop off are available within Yogyakarta City ( hotels or train station )
- Hotel pick up and drop off from outside Yogyakara City are considered as additional service.
- Airport Pick Up or drop off ( Yogyakarta International Airport ) is considered as an additional service.
- Our drivers are able to speak english well, they are capable to explain about the the culture and tradition of Java Island or Indonesia in general during the tour, they are also capable to provide some advices about local things. However, our drivers are not allowed to go inside the temples. if you would like to know more about the history of the temples in details, you may hire a local guide that available in each temple, or you may book the local guide via add-on when you book our tours.
- You may stop for meals, our driver normally will suggest you a local food that you might try. The meals expenses are not included on the tour.
Trip Advisor Review
Expert Yogyakarta Tour Planners: Day-Trips & Multi-Days! Jomblang Cave Tours is a 100% local agency to help plan Your vacation in all of Indonesia!
One of the best driver we ever had! – Tinton was an amazing driver and also a really nice person. He took us to the best places providing useful insider advice and took charge of everything so we just… read more
April 2, 2023
Great value! – Great tour. Hanif was a very pleasant and helpful driver. Our tour included tickets for the jeep tour around Merapi, Borobudur, and Prambanan. The… read more
April 6, 2023
Excellent temple and vulcano tour – The Borobudur – Prambanan tour with Tinton was absolutely amazing. The organization of the tour was perfect and the guide makes the tour as comfortable and individual as possible. During… read more
March 13, 2023
About Jomblang Cave
Discovering the Mysteries of Jomblang Cave: A Vertical Adventure in Yogyakarta
Deep within the heart of Yogyakarta’s Gunung Kidul Regency, a remarkable natural wonder awaits the intrepid traveler. Jomblang Cave, nestled in the serene Pacarejo Village, Semanu District, is a testament to the awe-inspiring forces of nature. It stands out from other caves in the region, offering a unique and exhilarating adventure for those who dare to explore its depths.
The Vertical Challenge
Jomblang Cave is not your typical horizontal cave; it’s a vertical cave formed by geological processes involving the collapse of soil and vegetation. This dramatic process gave rise to a sinkhole with a mouth that plunges approximately 50 meters into the earth, forming the entrance to this subterranean wonder. Within the cave, ancient plant life is preserved, providing a glimpse into the Earth’s rich history.
The vertical nature of Jomblang Cave makes it a thrilling attraction for adventure seekers. To explore its depths, you’ll need special equipment and skills. There are four different paths to choose from, each varying in depth and difficulty. Novices can opt for the 15-meter path, while more experienced adventurers can brave the 40, 60, or even 80-meter high routes. The 15-meter path is manageable on foot, although it does entail steep terrain.
Upon reaching the cave’s base, visitors are treated to a breathtaking sight. The area around the cave’s mouth teems with lush, ancient plant life, creating a unique ecosystem that thrives in the cave’s shadow. Stalagmites and stalactites decorate the cave’s passageways, and a fast-flowing river adds to the cave’s mystique.
The “Light of Heaven”
As you continue your journey deeper into the cave, you’ll come across a place of true wonder: Luweng Grubug. It’s here that you’ll find what is often referred to as the “light of heaven.” This phenomenon occurs when sunlight filters into the cave and illuminates the flowstone, creating a dazzling spectacle. The contrast between the radiant sunlight and the inky blackness of the cave’s depths is a sight that leaves visitors breathless. It’s this breathtaking display that has given rise to the term “light of heaven.”
To witness this phenomenon in all its glory, plan your visit between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM local time when the sun is positioned just right to cast its brilliance into the cave’s mouth. Keep in mind that this spectacle is weather-dependent; on cloudy days, the sunlight may not penetrate the cave as effectively.
Safety and Equipment
If you’re concerned about safety, rest assured that the management of Jomblang Cave has taken every precaution. They provide essential equipment for vertical caving, including Single Rope Technique (SRT) gear and safety equipment. Knowledgeable guides are also on hand to ensure visitors’ safety throughout their descent and exploration of the cave.
Exploring Jomblang Cave
One of the best aspects of Jomblang Cave is that there is no entrance fee. If you have your caving equipment, simply seek permission from the manager or hamlet head. For those without their gear, equipment rental is available from the management, typically ranging from IDR 450,000 to IDR 1,000,000 per person. This fee includes a complete vertical caving package, complete with a guide, necessary equipment, and lunch.
Additionally, if you arrive by vehicle, you’ll be charged a modest parking fee of IDR 3,000 for motorbikes and IDR 5,000 for cars. Facilities such as a prayer room, restrooms, and a storage area for belongings are available for visitors’ convenience at the Head of the Hamlet’s residence.
Getting to Jomblang Cave
Jomblang Cave is approximately 50 kilometers from Yogyakarta City, with a travel time of around 1 hour and 15 minutes. The journey typically involves taking the Yogyakarta – Wonosari road, then continuing through Jalan Kalisuci and Jalan Jomblang until you reach your destination.
In conclusion, Jomblang Cave is a remarkable destination for adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. Its unique vertical nature, the “light of heaven,” and the rich history preserved within its depths make it a must-visit attraction in Yogyakarta. So, if you’re seeking an unforgettable adventure and a chance to witness one of nature’s most captivating phenomena, make your way to Jomblang Cave and embark on a journey into the heart of the Earth
About Pindul Cave
Pindul Cave: Unveiling Yogyakarta’s Subterranean Wonder
Hidden beneath the picturesque landscapes of Yogyakarta, Central Java, lies a natural gem that has captured the hearts of adventurers and nature enthusiasts alike. Pindul Cave, nestled in the enchanting village of Gelaran 1, Bejiharjo Village, Karangmojo District, Gunung Kidul Regency, is a captivating underground realm that beckons visitors with its pristine beauty and exciting activities.
A Natural Wonderland
Pindul Cave is more than just a geological marvel; it’s a playground for those seeking unique and exhilarating experiences. No wonder it draws visitors from all corners of Indonesia, making it a bustling hotspot during weekends and holidays.
Before you embark on your journey to this enchanting destination, let’s delve into all the essential information you need to make the most of your visit.
To reach Pindul Cave, you’ll need to venture about 7 kilometers from the heart of Wonosari City, a charming city within Gunung Kidul Regency, Yogyakarta. If you’re coming from Yogyakarta, the journey takes approximately 2 hours by private vehicle.
Begin your journey in Yogyakarta by following the road towards Bukit Bintang. Continue on the main road until you pass through the Great Forest Park. You’ll then reach the Gading T-junction, where you should select the road leading to Wonosari until you reach the city boundary monument.
As you approach the Sinoyo Roundabout, don’t hesitate to seek directions from the friendly locals to reach Goa Pindul.
For those who prefer public transportation, start by taking a bus from Yogyakarta to Giwangan Terminal. From there, catch another bus to Wonosari and alight at Prempatan Grogol. Finally, complete your journey with a motorbike taxi ride to your destination.
Pindul Cave welcomes visitors from early morning to late afternoon. Its doors are open every day from 06:30 to 17:00 WIB, ensuring ample time for exploration and adventure.
Pindul Cave offers a comprehensive range of facilities, ensuring a hassle-free and enjoyable visit. These include:
- A restaurant serving delicious local cuisine.
- Convenient parking areas near the main entrance.
- A dedicated parking zone for tour package services.
- Accommodation options for those planning extended stays.
The allure of Pindul Cave isn’t limited to its stunning formations. The cave area offers an array of exciting activities, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the natural wonders of this underground realm. Some of the thrilling adventures waiting for you include:
- Rafting and Tubing: Drift along the underground river, marveling at the cave’s natural beauty.
- Cave Exploration: Embark on a cave tubing adventure, an exhilarating way to discover Pindul Cave’s inner sanctum.
- River Trekking: Walk along the river inside the cave or “goa tanding” to experience its pristine tranquility.
- Crystal Cave Exploration: Unearth the secrets of the Crystal Cave, hidden within the depths of Pindul Cave.
- Off-Roading: For the more adventurous, explore the Pindul Cave area by car or go off-road.
- Outdoor Activities: Engage in nature-centric activities like outbound experiences.
- Cultural Attractions: Immerse yourself in the local culture and witness artistic and cultural performances that showcase the rich heritage of the region.
To embark on your Pindul Cave adventure, you’ll need to purchase an entrance ticket. The ticket for access to the Pindul Cave area costs a mere IDR 10,000 per person, making it accessible to all. However, it’s essential to note that this ticket price doesn’t cover the costs of the activities within the cave, which are priced separately at IDR 35,000 per person.
As you plan your visit to Pindul Cave, prepare to be captivated by the wonders that await beneath the surface. With its natural beauty, exciting activities, and affordable entrance fees, Pindul Cave is undoubtedly a must-visit destination for anyone exploring the enchanting region of Yogyakarta.
About Oyo River
Oyo River Tubing: A Thrilling Adventure in the Heart of Yogyakarta
When it comes to exhilarating outdoor experiences in Yogyakarta, the spotlight often shines on Pindul Cave, a natural wonder that has captivated the hearts of travelers from near and far. However, nestled just a stone’s throw away from the famous cave lies another gem waiting to be discovered: Oyo River Tubing, an adventure that promises excitement, natural beauty, and unforgettable memories.
A Perfect Follow-up to Pindul Cave
Oyo River Tubing, also known as Oyo River Body Rafting, is the second jewel in the crown of Yogyakarta’s adventure tourism, immediately following a visit to Goa Pindul. The proximity of these two attractions makes them an ideal combination for an adventure-filled day.
The journey from Pindul Cave to Oyo River is short, approximately 1 kilometer, but the experience is entirely different. While both adventures employ similar specialized equipment, Oyo River Tubing offers a more open and adventurous setting.
For thrill-seekers, the rainy season is the optimal time to experience Oyo River Tubing. During this period, if water levels permit, you can embark on a rafting adventure using rubber boats. However, even when rafting isn’t possible due to water flow, you can still enjoy the thrill of tubing down the Oyo River, just like in Pindul Cave.
Ride the Rapids, Test Your Mettle
The rainy season transforms the Oyo River into a dynamic playground for adventure enthusiasts. The distance covered during the rainy season can be 2-4 times longer than in the dry season, thanks to stronger currents and thrilling waves that are sure to get your adrenaline pumping.
But fear not, Oyo River Tubing is not an extreme sport; it’s an adventure with safety at its core. Before opening to visitors, safety checks are conducted daily during the rainy season to ensure optimal conditions.
Here’s what you can expect during your Oyo River Tubing adventure:
- Ticket Options: Ticket prices vary depending on the package you choose.
- The Guide: Your experienced guide will lead you along the same route as Pindul Cave.
- Transportation: Convenient transportation in the form of Pajero Pindul vehicles will take you to the starting point.
- River Length: The river measures approximately 1500 meters in the dry season and stretches to 3-6 kilometers during the rainy season, offering an adventure that lasts 1-2 hours.
- Water Depth: The water depth ranges from 0.5 to 12 meters, providing a variety of challenges and experiences.
- Scenic Surroundings: The river winds through towering karst rock cliff walls, offering an environment reminiscent of the famed Green Canyon, but with an authentic, natural allure.
- A Picturesque Waterfall: Midway through your journey, you’ll encounter a breathtaking waterfall, 2-4 meters high, fed by the waters flowing from Pindul Cave.
- Jumping Thrills: This is the perfect spot for those seeking a dose of excitement. Take the leap from heights of 4 or 9 meters into the crystal-clear waters.
- Refreshing Stop: Enjoy a refreshing shower under the Oyo River waterfall and savor the sensation of its cool waters.
Safety First, Adventure Second
As with Pindul Cave, you’re encouraged to engage with your guide, who can provide insights into the rich tapestry of Oyo River’s natural wonders. Swimming is permitted along the river, with the clear, clean waters of the dry season ensuring a refreshing experience. However, life jackets must remain on while in the water, ensuring safety at all times.
Every ticket purchase includes essential facilities such as a guide, body rafting buoy, tubing tires, waterproof shoes, a traditional drink called “Wedang Pindul,” transportation to and from the location, and insurance coverage.
A Perfect Pairing with Pindul Cave
For the ultimate adventure, consider combining Oyo River Tubing with a visit to Pindul Cave, often available as a package deal. This provides a comprehensive exploration of the region’s natural treasures.
Plan Ahead for Rainy Season Adventures
Because conditions on the Oyo River can change rapidly during the rainy season, it’s advisable to contact the organizers in advance to get the latest information on water conditions. Contact details can be found on the Information page.
Explore the Unseen
For tourists visiting Yogyakarta from distant corners of Indonesia or even abroad, Oyo River Tubing offers a unique opportunity to explore a side of the region that may not be found in your hometown. Don’t miss the chance to experience the thrill of Oyo River Tubing and uncover the hidden treasures of this extraordinary destination.